What Mother does not look forward to Mother's Day! I mean a day dedicated to only ME! Sign me up! Yeah, a whole day for me! And really, unless, you have an awesome husband, to make sure that all of the plans that the kids come up with usually don't happen. I remember being a child & I loved all of the school projects that we would make for mom, and of course, we were all sworn to secrecy. (Really only one of the few times it's OK to keep a secret from Mom.) I remember those days like it was just yesterday. And then, I remember seeing my Mom's face smiling with excitement over the card that I made & the flower bouquet that I made for her out of dandelions (that I had just picked from outside), and come to find out all these years later that my poor Mother is allergic to them, and they make her sneeze, yet she would still put them in a vase and act like I had just given her the most beautiful bouquet of roses. Now, all these years, later, I understand. I get it. Because, my kids are the reason that I even get to celebrate this special day.
Here are 5 things that I have learned from my Mother over the years :
1. Love is unconditional! She may not love every choice that we made, but that did not change the love that she had for me. I have always known that I was loved and cared for.
2. Holidays are a day to be celebrated & set a part from the ordinary day to day routine. I LOVE this! I think that I take it to a whole different level though. If I can find a way to celebrate any day on the calendar I will. As a child, I loved them and I as a adult I love to plan them.
3. Life is not meant to be easy, it's about growing & with growing comes trials. Not always easy, but, it's truly a test to find out who we really are, our character. Thanks Mom, for teaching me this one, it's a biggie in my life!
4. That being at home with my children is where I need to be. That being a mom to young children is only a season of my life. I must add, that I"m kind of being hit hard with this one right now, as Parker will be going to kindergarten in the fall, and I will be home alone all morning. More than a little shock after almost 8 years of having them home with me. This season, of little one's is quickly passing. I'm realizing this so much right now, as I see a bunch of my friends, with all of these little ones at home & under foot. Mine are growing & can take care of themselves, for the most part. I don't need to rock & feed them, change the diapers, put them on the potty chair, chase them, baby proof my house. Now, it's much different. I guess that you could say that I'm going through a bit of a identity crisis already. Now, what? is what I find me asking myself. I'm sure that there will be plenty more posts on this one! To Be Continued . . . .
5. Cooking is a joy! Having a meal ready for my family to eat each night, is something that for the most part I enjoy. And I don't mean to boast right here, but, I think that I'm a pretty darn good cook. Food brings the family to the table and the time around the table at the end of each night is so important.
Thanks Mom, for all of the wonderful advice, help, love, and caring over the years. You are truly priceless in my book! This list hasn't even scratched the surface. You are truly my dearest friend & I treasure that the most! I love you, dearly!
Now here's a list of 5 things that I have learned from being a Mother. . . . .
1. There is never too much LOVE! When I had my Tess, I knew that I loved her, before I even held her, however the amount of love that I felt, was so overwhelming and at times scary. I was afraid that I would be able to love, and care for, and teach her all that I felt that I needed to. And then, when we had Parker, my feelings were even taken to a whole new level. How thankful I am for the love that they have taught me & that they continue to teach me each day. I am truly blessed . . . . My cup runneth 'ore!
2. Cleaning up after my kids is a job that will never end. And why is it that Sunday's are the worst. I can clean, and scrub & clean & scrub on Saturday & when we get home from church on Sunday afternoons, it looks as if a tornado has struck the house. No matter what, the messes come over and over and over and over again. One day I will have a spotless house. Yet, when those days come I'm sure that I will want these back.
3. I think that my kids are the smartest kids ever! I'm so proud of them, I know that I am their biggest cheer leader. Tess is so smart in school, and has done so very well. I must add that she is ending 1st grade & is reading at a 5th grade level. And, Parker is spelling & counts to 200 like it's nothing, without missing one number! I tell you I am so proud of them, and I'm so thankful that I get to cheer them on, through the rest of their lives.
4. Being a mom is by far the hardest thing that I have ever done. It has really messed up my body, and I have lovely stretch marks, I've had more head aches, I swear like a sailor at times, and I have taught them some great words while cussing, my back kills me, my feet ache. Yet, my heart has never been fuller & I would not change a thing if I tried!
5. The knowledge that no matter any other successes or failures that I may have in life, is that nothing else matters, because I have the greatest accomplishments that I've ever made . . . here at home with me! I may not be perfect; but they love me & I love them, and that's all that matters!
Thank you Tess & Parker for letting me love, teach & care for you! I love you & I'm so thankful for the chance that I get to spend my life with you!
Monday, May 9, 2011
The Joys of Motherhood
Blog Ya Later Melissa at 3:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
YOU'RE THE BEST!
Post a Comment