On the 24th of July, we went to Bear River to my parent's like we do almost every year. Bear River celebrate the 24th like no body's business. They started the night before this year with a pie baking contest, games, & a movie in the park. Then they do a 5K run/walk early in the morning of the 24th. I was going to walk it this year with my dad, but I had a stupid cold & cough, so Clayn walked it with him. Then they do a parade, followed by a day full of festivities at the park until about mid night, when they end with a dance. I tell you they celebrate those pioneers. The kids always have a blast! This year we also celebrate my dad's 60th birthday which was on the 26th. We had a full day & the kids ran non-stop!

Ashlee the cleaver one who comes up with all of the creative ideas. Thanks Ash! And darling little Mallory. Look at what a little doll!




Tess squirting Mattie. Mattie only wanted to squirt everyone else & no one to squirt her. Tess was not going to allow that to happen.





Jared saw them & wanted to do the same. Oh, I love these kids. I think they are all as cute as they come. Just take a look at little Jared. I know that this is what Matt Damen looked like when he was a little boy. I have always thought that. Mr Handsome!
Then the real excitement of the day came mutton busting. The kids riding sheep & getting bucked off at the park. Really!?! I tried to talk my kids out of it & they wanted to, both of them. I especially tried to talk Tess out of it & she was very persistent on doing it. So we signed them up & this was the result!Up first was Parker, lifting him up is my brother-in-law, Doug (Em's husband)

Yep, Crash landing! No worries, he was just fine. Just a little dirt in the mouth. I asked him if he wanted to do this again next year & he told me "NO! I want to ride a cow instead!" Holy COW! I don't think so!
Next up is Tess. Now with her there was a little bit of fear in her eyes, and I told her that she did not have to do this, but, she chose to give it a try. . . .
The end result, Yes, TEARS! She, too was perfectly fine, other than a little hurt pride. She thought she could stay on for a little while. Nice try, sister! Let's not do this one again next year, PLEASE!!!












1 comments:
These pictures made me laugh out loud. You caught the fun of the day for sure.
Post a Comment