Here are a few recipes that I have wanted to post. I made some Hot Spice Punch for a party that I had here a couple of Saturdays ago. It was super yummy, and I have had a few ask for the recipe. So here it is
Hot Spiced Punch
- 5 Qts water
- 3 Cups sugar
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp whole allspice
- 2 Tbsp whole cloves
- 1 Lg Can pineapple juice
- 1 can frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
My new favorite waffles, I got it from Taste of Home, they are super yummy!
Cran Orange Waffles
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons chopped pecans
CRAN-ORANGE SYRUP:- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Directions
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, whisk the egg, egg white, milk, orange juice, oil and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and orange juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool slightly.
- Remove 1/2 cup cranberries with a slotted spoon; set aside. In a blender, combine the water, syrup and remaining cranberry mixture; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a serving dish; stir in reserved cranberries. Serve with waffles. Yield: 6 waffles (3/4 cup syrup).
I made muffins yesterday & we all loved them, I got the recipe from Martha Stewart Everyday food.
Healthy Morning Muffins
1 1/2 cups flour (I used wheat)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg (I used pumpkin pie spice)
1/2 tsp coarse salt
1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins
3 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
1 large egg
1/3 cup milk
4 med carrots, shredded
1 med ripe banana mashed
Preheat oven to 400, Prepare muffin pan. In a large bowl whisk together first 6 ingredients. Whisk til smooth, add oats & raisins. Add oil, egg, milk, carrots & banana. Stir until blended. Fill each muffin cup with 1/4 cup batter. Bake for 23 -25 minutes. Serve warm.
For dinner last night I made The Pioneer Woman's homemade Tomato Soup. Just go to her blog & print the recipe. Clayn & I loved it, the kids did not. Picky! It was very yummy!
1 comments:
I can't wait to try these out. Right now I want the waffles.....now I just have to get in the mood to make them. Isn't that how it always go?
Post a Comment