As many of you already know, I have a new calling in church. I am the 1st counselor in Young Women. For those of you who don't know about this calling, it is very time consuming & can keep a person very busy. In the past 8 days, I have been gone 4 nights & all of Saturday afternoon. I have been to some great meetings that I have truly felt spiritually uplifted & strengthened. However, even though this is true, this also means that I have been away from my family; thus leaving Clayn with the kids for a lot of time. I am getting to the point of this post; I have an AMAZING husband! He has never complained while getting the kids showered, AR books read, homework done, making dinner/lunch, & keeping the kids entertained. Because truly all in all it's been about 12 hours that I have not been home in a week. That is quite a bit of time. I have had presidency meetings, Wednesday night activity for 1 1/2 hours, stake leadership for 2 1/2 hours, & EFY for 4 hours on Saturday. I know that having a calling like this, is time consuming, however, I also, know that the Lord expects me to give my best. And, by this, this means that Clayn & the kids are in turn effected. I am truly thankful for them & their understanding & support. Parker was saying his prayers the other night & prayed that I would not have anymore meetings. Hate to tell ya buddy, I'm just getting started.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
YW's does have a lot of meetings, but they will slow a bit as you get better at planning (shorter meetings, mostly).
Those girls need you. Thank you for sharing your super talented self and thank you to Clayn for sharing YOU!
Post a Comment