Friday, December 26, 2008

Our New Family Tradition



We have decided to start a new Family Tradition, just for our little family. I think that New Traditions, are exciting. Exciting, because, I love to see how they turn out & if we will decide if we want to keep them going. We are going to have a formal dinner every Christmas Night. We got the table decorated festive. Clayn cooked a turkey, I made dressing, so yummy with ground sausage, apples & crasins. We loved it! (If you want the recipe, let me know & I will email it to you.) Then we had mashed potatoes & gravy, corn, rolls, a yummy jello salad & Martinellis to drink. We got dressed up & enjoyed a very nice dinner. I wasn't in the mood to make a dessert, so the night before, we stopped at Fred Meyer, I think that they have on of the best bakery's in town & we bought a beautiful & yummy white cake with lemon & strawberry layers.
I think that overall, the night turned out well. This is a Tradition that we will keep. I really want the kids to know that we take time out of our day of toys to celebrate the real reason for the season!




Now, I would like to know what are some of your Family Traditions, that you have created & how they have worked for you? I always like to make new ones, so any ideas?

1 comments:

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

Love, love, love the new tradition! There are 2 traditions we have. The first is that we eat a nice breakfast inbetween the kids opening their gifts from Santa and then the ones under the tree. The second tradition is that my sweet husband tends to give me crap like a "top-of-the-line" wheat grinder for my MAIN Christmas gift each year! Now I know what you're thinking--"Jody, some husbands don't buy their wives a thing." OR "You'll be grateful to have the grinder during the upcoming depression." The thing is, I rarely indulge myself, rarely spend money on myself and I like to think of Christmas and my birthday as days where I get just a little bit spoiled! Anyway, I'm just grateful for a husband! :)
XOJODY