Saturday, December 13, 2008

Looking back on my life . . .

There is something about this time of year, that makes me reflect on my life & on what is really important to me. And for selfish purposes, I need to write them down, so one day I can remind myself & so my children will know some of these thoughts, that sometimes, I don't share with them very often.
This time of year, truly gets me thinking about all of the many blessings, that I have truly been blessed with. I often wonder why I have been so blessed to live in a free country , to have freedoms that so many others in the world could only dream about. Why, did I get them & they didn't?
Why am I so blessed to have been born to one of the best families, EVER! I swear, if others would have been as blessed as I have been with the most amazing family, with parents, who truly taught me about unconditional love at all times, who taught us the value of hard work, then maybe just maybe there would be less war & contention in this world. Also, Parents who taught me about my Heavenly Father & His Son, Jesus Christ. And that we would have no reason to celebrate Christmas if it weren't for that Wonderful Miracle of Life that was given to us, to help us find our way back home.
Why have I been blessed with one of the most AMAZING Husband, Ever! He is truly my best friend!
Why do I have Great Children, that teach me how to LOVE & how to truly enjoy Life?
Why is that this time each year, I want to be a child again? To be able to feel the uncontrollable excitement that comes with Christmas! To be able to giggle every time you see Santa, & to get a little bit nervous, before you go & sit on his lap, wondering if he has really kept count of how many times you have been a little bit naughty this last year!
Why have I been so blessed to have the only true church? To have a testimony of the Plan that our Father in Heaven has for us & to know with all of my heart that The Book of Mormon is true. I love how I feel after I read from that most precious book! Every page in that book, has truth in it. I love that I know that we have a living Prophet who is on the earth today. President Thomas S. Monson. What a incredible man, we are so lucky to have him to lead & guide us in the paths that we should go!

I think that most of all I am just Thankful for my life. I wouldn't change anything in my life. Because, everything that I have done & every choice that I have made, has made me into the person that I am today. Am I perfect, heavens No! But, I'm trying & I truly am Happy with how my life has turned out.
I was listening to a song this morning, by Alan Jackson called "Remember When," and one of the lines in this song, says, "Remember when 30 seemed so old, now looking back, it was just a steppin stone, to where we are, where we've been, said we'd do it all again, Remember when."
I've loved this song for a long time & it had been a while since I had heard it & when I heard these words. I guess that today they just really hit home with me! Maybe it's because, I really in my mid 30's & I don't feel really old. I feel like I'm in my prime. I wouldn't want to have to go back & re-do any of my years past, but yet, I truly would change them. I guess that I could say that I"m Thankful, they are past me & I get to keep on aging & learning & truly enjoying my life.

0 comments: