Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Greetings!


Each day during the month of December, I wait & watch & bite my nails, trying to be patient, until around 1:00 or 2:00, then I become the stocker . . . the waiting is killing me, & then I see him coming down my street with his bag full of WONDERFUL MAIL! Oh, I LOVE opening up a Christmas card with either a picture or a newsletter, up dating us on how all are doing! Oh, how I love our dear family & friends. I love to see who has thought of adding us to their list of Christmas Greetings! Why is it, that so many of us, don't send cards or "GOOD" mail, through out the year? Why must we save it all for the Wonderful & Anticipated month of December? I WANT "GOOD" mail all year! REALLY!!! I WANT IT! This is going to be my goal through our this next year is to send a loved one a hand written card. I will send out at least one a month. This is something that we just don't do any more. Our Great Grandparents & our Grandparents, did this all of the time. For alot of them, it's the only way they were able to communicate when they were far away from one another. There was no telephone or email or instant messenger or FaceBook! I fee like we have lost a WONDERFUL way of communicating! MAIL! A hand written letter to let someone know that we are thinking about them & that we love them! So, as it's about 12:40, I"m watching & waiting to see what is there for me today! YEAH!

1 comments:

Mothership said...

One of the best tools I have for teaching my children penmanship is through letter writing. They don't just write to anyone, however, because to keep up the interest they must get a response. My grandma writes back every time and there are a few others. It is exciting for the whole family when we get these replies in the mail. I agree--I get so excited with the hope that we will get more than just bills and coupons in the mail.