The 4th of July has always been the same for me, since I was a child. We go every year to my Grandparent's in Lava. My aunts, uncles, & cousin & now all of their kids always go & we eat & the kids play all day in the water & loving to be with a whole lot 'o little ones.
That night we did our own little fire works & some of our friends came over. The kids were on sugar overload with all of the candy & running & screaming, they were loving the fireworks.
I think that this years 4th was a big hit with my kids!
Young Women's Camp
The week before I was able to go for the week, literally Monday through Friday to girls camp with the YW in our ward. I am the first counselor. My parents kept my kids, so that I was able to attend. After just a bit'o drama. We made it & had a great time. Over all the girls were great. Clayn was even able to make it up for a night & I really enjoyed having him up there.
I was scared about going to camp, because I truly can not see. I have 1% of vision between my 2 eyes during the day & complete night blindness in the dark. I talked to the girls before hand & explained my situation. We were one of the camps that were the highest up the mountain. So, we had a bit of a hike to get every where, & my depth perception is soooo off. I tripped & feel the first day in broad day light. The uneven ground & the stumps & sticks that are coming out every where. It was a bit of a struggle for me. However, my girls were amazing with helping me! I was so thankful for the awesome help they were. I could not have made it through out the week if it weren't for my little helpers, who were at my side helping me up & down the mountain. I learned a great deal about having to rely on other's even more than I'm used to. I love my little helpers!
The week before I was able to go for the week, literally Monday through Friday to girls camp with the YW in our ward. I am the first counselor. My parents kept my kids, so that I was able to attend. After just a bit'o drama. We made it & had a great time. Over all the girls were great. Clayn was even able to make it up for a night & I really enjoyed having him up there.
I was scared about going to camp, because I truly can not see. I have 1% of vision between my 2 eyes during the day & complete night blindness in the dark. I talked to the girls before hand & explained my situation. We were one of the camps that were the highest up the mountain. So, we had a bit of a hike to get every where, & my depth perception is soooo off. I tripped & feel the first day in broad day light. The uneven ground & the stumps & sticks that are coming out every where. It was a bit of a struggle for me. However, my girls were amazing with helping me! I was so thankful for the awesome help they were. I could not have made it through out the week if it weren't for my little helpers, who were at my side helping me up & down the mountain. I learned a great deal about having to rely on other's even more than I'm used to. I love my little helpers!
2 comments:
Fun times are had by all at Girls Camp. You are a trooper and will be blessed for your willingness to serve.
Melissa! I keep forgetting about your eyes. Bless your heart. You handle life perfectly as if you had no struggles. Love YOU!
Post a Comment