Today is my Mother's birthday. As I was reading her blog last night. I was very impressed by her perspective on life & a Growing up. These are her words :
"I guess you would call it an art. It takes a lot
of practice and time to grow up. With another
birthday around the corner, I feel that I have
been grown up for a LONG time. HA! Looking back
I realize that I had to grow up pretty fast, not
that I chose too, but life happens and we don't
always get to choose. Responsibilities were
placed on my shoulders at the tender age of 13.
It's funny, because we just do what we have to do
when there is a need. I don't regret one minute
of it or feel like I missed out on anything. I
just grew up fast and looked at things differently
than I had before. It made me the person I am
today. I have had a wonderful life. Surely
goodness and mercy have followed me all the days
of my life and I pray that it continues.
Happy life and Happy Birthday to me, indeed."
birthday around the corner, I feel that I have
been grown up for a LONG time. HA! Looking back
I realize that I had to grow up pretty fast, not
that I chose too, but life happens and we don't
always get to choose. Responsibilities were
placed on my shoulders at the tender age of 13.
It's funny, because we just do what we have to do
when there is a need. I don't regret one minute
of it or feel like I missed out on anything. I
just grew up fast and looked at things differently
than I had before. It made me the person I am
today. I have had a wonderful life. Surely
goodness and mercy have followed me all the days
of my life and I pray that it continues.
Happy life and Happy Birthday to me, indeed."
As I read this, I realized what a very different life I had growing up vs. what she had. Her dad/my grandpa died when my mom was 13 years old from a farming accident. Leaving my grandma with 6 children. The oldest Brad being 15 & the youngest Allyson being 2. My mom was the oldest girl & shouldered a lot of responsibility. She did grow up way too fast. Not that she really had a choice; but she just stepped up & did what was asked of her. How thankful I am for her example & the art of growing up that she has taught to me. Thank you, Mom! I do love & appreciate all that you are & have done in your life. I have been truly blessed to follow in your foot steps. I have very large shoes to fill. You truly have aged with goodness & mercy & I could ask no more than that for my self. Happy Birthday Mom! I Love you!
2 comments:
Thank you Melissa, that means so much to me. Love you!
Love you to infinity and beyond!!!!!
Post a Comment