
Happy New Year!!!
Out with the old & in with the new. I have always thought of the New Year, as a new, fresh start. So far this year, not too many mistakes, wrong doings,poor decisions, or tears . . . YET. They will all come, and with them all will come growth & knowledge.
2009 is behind us & as we begin 2010, I am very hopeful for this coming year. I want to set goals that will help me become my best self, spiritually, emotionally & physically. I want to be a better wife & mother, daughter, sister, friend and a better self. I feel I need to focus on whats really important for me right now in my life.
I am going to steal an idea and word from my dear friend Jody, who in turn stole it from another friend. To take a word & have it be my theme for this year of 2010. I loved this idea, and I think that it will really help me to focus on whats important in my life. Truly what a better word to use than EMBRACE.
The definition of Embrace is to hug, cherish, love; encircle, to enclose; to take up especially readily or gladly .
What could truly be better this year than to cherish, love & take up readily life & what ever comes my way. To Embrace my family, my self, my home, my friends and my life.
I want to Embrace my calling and love the Young Women whom I serve. I want them to learn to Embrace the trials that we are given, for in them we find our true selves. I feel this would be a great thing to learn at a young age. I wish that I would have, however, I am thankful that even at the age I am, that I am given the opportunity & challenge to learn it now.
So, for this year, I want to Embrace all that life offers me & all that I offer life.
2009 is behind us & as we begin 2010, I am very hopeful for this coming year. I want to set goals that will help me become my best self, spiritually, emotionally & physically. I want to be a better wife & mother, daughter, sister, friend and a better self. I feel I need to focus on whats really important for me right now in my life.
I am going to steal an idea and word from my dear friend Jody, who in turn stole it from another friend. To take a word & have it be my theme for this year of 2010. I loved this idea, and I think that it will really help me to focus on whats important in my life. Truly what a better word to use than EMBRACE.
The definition of Embrace is to hug, cherish, love; encircle, to enclose; to take up especially readily or gladly
What could truly be better this year than to cherish, love & take up readily life & what ever comes my way. To Embrace my family, my self, my home, my friends and my life.
I want to Embrace my calling and love the Young Women whom I serve. I want them to learn to Embrace the trials that we are given, for in them we find our true selves. I feel this would be a great thing to learn at a young age. I wish that I would have, however, I am thankful that even at the age I am, that I am given the opportunity & challenge to learn it now.
So, for this year, I want to Embrace all that life offers me & all that I offer life.
3 comments:
Melissa!
You write more eloquently than I do! Loved the definition you shared too. I can't think of a better idea than to embrace everything around me that's called "life." Loved the post! You're so great!
XOXOJody
Embrace the new year and everything that comes with it!
Good advice for all of us.
What an awesome goal! I love this post! You are amazing!
Did you guys have a good Christmas?!
Post a Comment