Wednesday, November 4, 2009

AH, A Clean Home


Tonight I am thankful for a clean home. I have spent the afternoon deep cleaning. I mopped my floors 3 times. Yes, you read that right, 3 times. Once with Mr Clean, then with my Swifer wet jet & then lastly with Murphy's wood soap. The scary part is that after each cleaning the water was dirty & gross. YUCK! And I do clean & mop my floors on a regular basis. I like to think that for the most part I'm a pretty clean person, but with wood floors, that are the original from 1924, they are bound to be a bit dirty. I am really hoping that within the next year or so, we can get carpet. That is my dream, a house with carpet. I know I'm wild & crazy like that, but, after living here for 3 1/2 years with wood floors, I REALLY want carpet!!! Anyways, back to cleaning, then I wiped all of the wood down with the wood soap, washed mirrors & windows, vacuumed, swept. And, now it smells so clean & good. There is truly little in life that can give me such immediate gratification as a clean home does. I LOVE IT! Now, if only, we could keep it this spotless. But, no it won't last until maybe 8 am when everybody is up. That's the sad part about it all! So, tonight I am thankful for a clean home & for energy that I had to get it done. It really is a blessing, to me!

0 comments: