Wednesday, October 14, 2009

An Old Friend

"I testify that one cannot come to full faith in this Latter-Day work & thereby find the fullest measure of peace & comfort in these our times until he or she embraces the divinity of The Book of Mormon and the Lord Jesus Christ of whom it testifies."
Jeffrey R Holland

These are my old scriptures that I used while on my mission, and as you can see they have had it
A few years back Clayn bought me some new scriptures. & I have had a hard time "getting to know these scriptures." I know that sounds so bad. But, it's the truth. After I listened to conference, I knew what I have been missing, my old friend. I especially loved Jeffrey R Holland. I have listened to the talk he gave 3 times. I know that his talk & Henry B Eyring's Sunday morning talk were meant for me.

After hearing from our Prophet & Apostles, I have been reminded of how much I truly do love "MY" Book of Mormon. These are the scriptures where I gained my testimony of this precious book. I have gotten these scriptures out & I feel like I have a dear friend back. I am going to take them & get them re-bound. I have marked these up & have notes & quotes all over them. I have learned & been taught by this book. I have become who I am today because of the words in this book. I have had prayers answered & inspiration received through this "My" book.
As I pick up this book & open it, I feel like I have come home. I feel loved & missed.

Elder Holland said, "However dark the night or the day, the rod marks the way of that solitary redeeming trail. . . . The Lord heals ALL! Love, Healing, Help, HOPE. The Power of Christ to Counter ALL Trouble in ALL Times, including the end of times."

In these times, I know now, more than ever how much I need my Savior in my life. I know that I need my friend, my brother & guide, to direct my paths. I know that it is through the words & life of Christ that we can be led back to our home above.

"God always provides safety for the soul and with The Book of Mormon he has again done that in our time." Elder Holland

I know that this dear book is true & I know that we can grow closer to God with this book than any other out there. How thankful I am for this my loving friend.

1 comments:

Marilee said...

YOU ARE SO GOOD! YOU ALWAYS SEEM TO FIND A WAY IN SOMETHING THAT YOU SAY OR DO TO REMIND ME OF WHAT IS "REALLY" IMPORTANT. LOVE YOU.