AHH, August is here. . . I can almost feel fall in the air, especially, yesterday & today. Yesterday morning, Clayn & I got up at 6:30 & went out & weeded all along the side of our house, where we have had weeds growing in the rocks on the other side of the side walk. There was a crispness in the air, I had on a sweat shirt, & it was perfect. This morning, I could tell as I woke up from the coolness from the air in our room, where we had the window open that it was going to be a significantly cooler day. Then when I got up & saw that it was beginning to rain, it truly put a smile on my face. For those, of you that don't know me well, I LOVE FALL!!! I look forward to fall every year. I love it when school begins, & there's a hint of fall in the air. I love all things Fall! Truly, what's not to love about it.
I am not a summer person, I really do not care for the heat. There's nothing more that I love than, having some soup in the crock pot (which I got up this morning & made some chicken & white bean chili; which is making the house smell delicious!), hot bread coming out of the oven, the red, orange, gold & green leaves that color my yard & make it absolutely beautiful! I love raking leaves, the smell of them, boot cut jeans, with a fun sweater & boots. Oh, I just get excited & giddy just thinking about it. I love making pumpkin bread & muffins, & cookies; just about anything pumpkin, other than pumpkin pie, ( I really hate it, it's way too mushy; I know I make no sense!) I love taking the kids to the fair, & having to pull out the jackets, because it just might be a little too cool. I also, love my house, even more in Fall, because it's so cozy, to just curl up with a book & blanket, & have Clayn watching football. I really do love it! Life is Happy for me in the Fall!
I do know that we will still have some hot days, but just for today, I will dream of Fall & "bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils!"
I am not a summer person, I really do not care for the heat. There's nothing more that I love than, having some soup in the crock pot (which I got up this morning & made some chicken & white bean chili; which is making the house smell delicious!), hot bread coming out of the oven, the red, orange, gold & green leaves that color my yard & make it absolutely beautiful! I love raking leaves, the smell of them, boot cut jeans, with a fun sweater & boots. Oh, I just get excited & giddy just thinking about it. I love making pumpkin bread & muffins, & cookies; just about anything pumpkin, other than pumpkin pie, ( I really hate it, it's way too mushy; I know I make no sense!) I love taking the kids to the fair, & having to pull out the jackets, because it just might be a little too cool. I also, love my house, even more in Fall, because it's so cozy, to just curl up with a book & blanket, & have Clayn watching football. I really do love it! Life is Happy for me in the Fall!
I do know that we will still have some hot days, but just for today, I will dream of Fall & "bouquets of freshly sharpened pencils!"

1 comments:
Gotta love those freshly sharpened pencils and all the other things that go with FALL! You, Melissa are FALL! Love you and FALL!
Post a Comment