Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Cup Runneth 'Ore

When I say that my cup runneth 'ore. I mean it 100%!
I have had an amazing weekend; I spent it at Time Out for Women, with my wonderful Mom~
We had such a marvelous time. I have been feeling a bit drained of everything. I have had a super fun, however extremely BUSY past month. I have been feeling like I need a SUPER BOOST! I would say that I have definitely received it. This is my 2nd TOFM that I've been to. We went 2 years ago, we missed last one, so I really made it a point to make it this year.
I am not going to go through each talk with my notes, but I"m just going to throw out a few hi-lighting points that truly changed my life.

Sweet Assurance: the certainty that comes when you know life's truths.
"Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith. . . " Hebrews 10:22

"Humor helps us to cope with our problems. You can have problems & be happy at the same time. DO NOT POSTPONE HAPPINESS! Happiness is a City in the State of Mind. Be Happy & find joy there in." Brad & Debby Wilcox

"Weakness - Your Curse or Blessing; Life is about learning from our own experiences. Repentance is not the Back-Up Plan. Repentance is the PLAN! There is a huge difference between sin & weakness. Decide which it is & then go to God to help us.
God offers Grace. Grace : Divine help, Mercy, Enabling Power." Wendy Ulrich

"Come unto me all ye that are heavy laden and I will give you rest."
The Lord will fill our Insufficiency's. Often times we feel like we do not have enough. The Lord asks for what we do have. Then he will take what we give to him & he makes up the difference & fills our inadequacies and most often he gives us even more than we need.
Righteousness is Happiness.
D & C 6 & 19 3 L's
Look
Learn of Me
Listen to my words
These are ways that we can relate to the Lord. Then we need to walk in meekness; and then we will have peace.
Obedience is not Perfection. Obedience is Trying.

"The Best Time to Be Alive. For 7,000 years our leaders and prophet have prophesied & waited for, and looked forward to this day. God did not send us here to fail; he wants us to succeed. There are miracles happening around us every day, we just need to take the time to recognize them. As the forces of evil magnify & continue to grow dark; let us be the light to the world!"
Chris Stewart

"The Savior fixes things we can not fix on our own. He helps us. He is patient and loving to us.
He knows our name & we need to remember his name each Sunday as we partake of the Sacrament and renew the covenants that we have made with him. Strive to be a founder of truth." Hilary Weeks ( I just have to make a side note, she was like the host & she is truly amazing! Love Her)

Abundance - What a Great Word! Ways to find Abundance in our lives:
1. Learn to make the most of what you have to offer to the Lord & others. We need to strive to make a difference in other's lives
2. Giving All - Do I know the difference between giving & giving all. We are always on the Lord's errand. As sister's we need to learn the Be There Principle - Means we will be where we need to be, when we need to be there. It is very important just to be there with a person in their time of need.
3. Learning to be Content - Be content then the Abundance will come. Hebrews 13:5. Heavenly Father know where we've been and where I am now. He is there to help and will give strength. He gives strength that we can not receive any where else. Turn to the Lord in Prayer. If the Lord came to you & told you that he could take your challenges/trials/weaknesses away, would you want him to. Would you really have him take them away? Learn all you can from where you are right now in life & learn to rely fully upon the Lord.
4. Without the Savior in our lives there would be no Abundance. Turn to him & he will make you Whole! John 10:10. He truly is the Tender behind the Mercy and the Giver of Every Good Gift. He is Abundance!!! Emily Freeman

What do you know for sure?
Take time to think about this. Truths have a way of anchoring us in troubled times. There is something that happens when you know the truth. Because it's the Constant - No Matter What.
No Matter What!

I have completely enjoyed my self this weekend & I truly feel that I have come closer to my Savior. I have felt His Spirit very strong & I have felt that many of the things that were said, were really just for me. I think that Emily Freeman, really touched me the most! And Hilary Weeks, oh her music is beautiful. What a talented woman! Thank you, Mom for getting me the CD, I love it!

What do I know for sure is this; I have a loving Savior who LOVES Me for Me! I know that he lived a Perfect life of love & patience & service. I know that he suffered for my sins/weakness/imperfections in the Garden of Gethsemane. I know that when I repent I am that much closer to him. I know that he died for me on the cross at Calvary. I know that he suffered at great length just for me! I know that loves me! I know that I have a loving Father in Heaven who has a perfect plan for me. I know that he knows me, that he knows my name and the details of my life. I know that he wants me to be happy. I know that the only way that I can truly be happy is through his gospel. I know that he is the author of Truth. I know that I will never be deceived by him. I know that he understands my handicap more than I ever will. I know that he will compensate for my loss and I know that he is the only one that Ever Can and Ever Will. I know that I truly would not have him take this away from me, because of what I have learned & how I have come closer to him through my suffering is something that I could not receive any other way. I know that I NEED HIM! I know I Am A Child of God!

What do You Know for Yourself to Be True?
Please Share. I have many more things, this is a great start.


0 comments: