Thursday, April 2, 2009

Finding Hope In A Crazy World



Do you ever feel like the world is full of bad news? Of thing s that continually go wrong? That the media only reports all of the "Gloom & Doom?" (as my mom calls it) Where is the good in life? Where is the hope for a brighter day? With all of the news of the stock market, job loss, families not being able to provide for their families? I mean seriously. are we all headed to hell in a hand basket?
I have thought about this a lot this week, because my youngest brother just lost his job this week. I can only imagine how he has been feeling this past week. My heart truly goes out to him. He worked at ATK Thiokol, they laid off 300 people and there is another lay off scheduled in Sept. That is really a lot of people that are completely Hopeless this week. That is just one small part of a community. I heard that on average 15 people in the US, are losing their jobs every minute. I just heard that today on Oprah. That is a lot of jobless people, who have a true reason to be worried.
It makes me so very Thankful for Clayn and the job that he has. He has a pretty stable job at this point. Thank Goodness!
As I have been thinking and having some of these feelings this week. I ran across a Conference talk by Elder Uctdorf:

"My dear brothers and sisters, there will be days and nights when you feel overwhelmed, when your hearts are heavy and your heads hang down. Then, please remember, Jesus Christ, the Redeemer, is the Head of this Church. It is His gospel. He wants you to succeed. He gave His life for just this purpose. He is the Son of the living God. He has promised:

“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

“For the mountains shall depart and the hills be removed, but my kindness shall not depart from thee” (3 Nephi 22:10). “I have mercy on thee, saith the Lord thy Redeemer” (3 Nephi 22:8).

My dear friends, the Savior heals the broken heart and binds up your wounds (see Psalm 147:3). Whatever your challenges may be, wherever you live on this earth, your faithful membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the divine powers of the gospel of Jesus Christ will bless you to endure joyfully to the end."

I know that the Lord is hear to Heal our Hearts & he will Truly bind up our Wounds.

I am so Thankful for this General Conference Weekend that is upon us. I know that we will hear the words that we need to hear & that we will be led by the spirit of Hope & Love!


"For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." 2Timothy 1:7

1 comments:

Becky said...

Sometimes it is so hard to stay positive with everything that happens around us. I too am looking forward to conference and the messages to help us through the hard times. Thank you for sharing the quotes.