Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Few of my Favorite Songs. . .

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." from the movie, When Harry Met Sally

I LOVE Valentines Day! I think that secretly I always have. I remember, when I was single living in Provo & every year I'd go out with some of my girl friends & we'd go & see some chick flick that would make us cry & then we would go & get ice cream & talk about how our "Perfect" man was going to be. Well, now that those days are over & I have my "Perfect" man; (some days a little more perfect than others!!) I really do enjoy Valentines Day! Taking a day to celebrate our relationship.

I was talking with my dad this past weekend & he was saying how he thinks that Valentines Day is one of the stupidest holidays. I proceeded to tell him how very unromantic he was & then he said, " You shouldn't have to have a holiday to celebrate being with the one you love, you should do it every day." My mom then, said something; like "Whatever, Mr. Romantic!" But, my point is that I've been thinking about that & we truly should celebrate our love & relationships, as often as possible, not with some big romantic dinner, flowers, gifts, dancing, etc. Although ALL of those are very nice. But I believe that it's all about how we treat each other & the "small" things that we do for each other. For example, sometimes at night when I go to get into bed, I will find that Clayn has gotten one of my rice heating bags & he will have stuck it in the microwave & gotten it hot & put it down in the bottom of my side of the bed, because, I ALWAYS have cold feet. Now, whether or not he is doing it as much for himself, because when I get in bed I always stick my cold feet on him, and I know that it's not his favorite thing; is completely be side the point, because, I am truly thankful when I feel the heat from the bag. It's truly is the little things that say I love you!

So, I am always excited for the Love Day! I would consider myself a hopeless romantic at heart! There are little things, that I enjoy more than a truly good, sappy chick flick! And, there really are some good ones out. I love all of the tug at the heart strings love lost/love found songs that are played. Obviously, everyone, either wants to find love or truly wants to find a way of keeping it, because so much of the world/media has to do with it. You know the song "I want you to want me, I need you to need me, I'd love you to love!" Yeah, good stuff! If you don't know that song, then go & pull yourself out from the rock where you've been living for the past 20 years & find it! So, in tribute to The Happy Heart Day! I'm going to be postings a few of my favorite songs, movies, quotes about love.

Here's a few of my favorite songs, I your so lucky that I have put them on my blog, so while you are reading this, you can scroll up & down to listen to some good 'ol love songs!
I need to add that these are in no particular order. . .

1.When You Say Nothing At All - Allison Krausse
2. Have You Ever Been In Love - Peter Cetera
3. Bless The Broken Road - Rascal Flatts
4. At Last - Etta James
5. Alone - Heart
6. Amazing - Janelle
7. One - U2
8. Lost In This Moment - Big & Rich
9. So Close - Jon McLaughlin
10.Loves Divine - Seal
11. Me & You - Kenny Chesney
12. Just The Way You Are - Billy Joel
13. You Move Me - Garth Brooks
14. Open Arms - Journey
15. Can't Fight This Feeling - REO Speed Wagon
16. I Wouldn't Have Missed it for the World - Ronnie Milsap
17.Everything - Michael Buble
18.Lost - Faith Hill
19.Love of A Lifetime - Firehouse
20.I'm Yours - The Script

Okay, Okay, I'll stop. . . I could go on & on! But are a few of my fav's. I'm sure that I'm missing a bunch. As you can tell, I've got quite a variety oldies, country, rock, 80's, new ones. I"m really loving, I'm Yours by The Script. It's my first song that comes on. Just listen, it's so sweet!
One of Me & Clayn's songs would be "When You Say Nothing At All." It's just one of those great songs that says so much! So Good!

Anyways, so I want to throw out this question, what are some of your favorite love songs & do you & your spouse have a song?

0 comments: