Tuesday, January 20, 2009

History in the making . . .


As we turned on the TV this morning, we knew that History was truly in the Making, and that life as many have known it to be would never be the same again. No matter our political views, this day will NOT be forgotten. I have felt very patriotic today. As I have watched Pres. Obama, take his oath of office, I truly felt a love for this country that we live in. I am so Thankful for the freedoms that we enjoy. I have watched today & I have felt HOPE for our country. Not just because,of Barack. But, because, I feel like the country has come together to witness, something that has never happened before. We will be able to share this with our grandchildren.
As I sat here today, the kids & I have been able to talk about this. From the beginning, Tess has wanted Obama. She has informed us of this a year ago & she has not changed. She was very excited today, to know that he is our President. I know that this is something, that she will never forget. What can I say, she is her father's daughter!
As, I heard Aretha sing "My Country 'Tis of Thee," I truly felt it!
"Our Father's God to thee, author of Liberty, to thee we sing. Long may our land be bright, with freedoms holy light, protect us by thy might. Great God our King."
This is my prayer for our great country!!!


0 comments: