Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas To All!!!



On this beautiful Christmas Eve Morning, I would like to wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas! I absolutely love this time of the year. I am so Thankful for the blanket of snow that has cover the ground. For the peacefulness I feel when I watch the snow falling down, as I sit & ponder about why we celebrate this, most Wonderful Time of the Year! I find myself, so thankful for my Savior, for his life of love, service & the greatest sacrifice every made. I pray that we will be able to take some time & read the account of the birth of Christ in the scriptures, for if it was not for this blessed event, we would have no reason to celebrate this time of year! I hope & pray that we may find the real reason to celebrate Christmas.

"Born in a stable, cradled in a manger, He came forth from heaven to live on earth as mortal man and to establish the kingdom of God. During His earthly ministry, He taught men the higher law. His glorious gospel reshaped the thinking of the world. He blessed the sick. He caused the lame to walk, the blind to see, the deaf to hear. He even raised the dead to life. To us He has said, 'Come, follow me.'

"As we seek Christ, as we find Him, as we follow Him, we shall have the Christmas spirit, not for one fleeting day each year, but as a companion always. We shall learn to forget ourselves. We shall turn our thoughts to the greater benefit of others" (Thomas S. Monson, "In Search of the Christmas Spirit," Ensign, Dec 1987, 3).

1 comments:

Marilee said...

Glad that you had a good Christmas.
The traditions that you are starting with your little family are the best. Keep up the good work. Love you.