HELP!!! I think that we should all be screaming this, especially after I watched the new series of 90210, last night! Holy Cow! If this is really how school is for kids now days, then I can see why so many don't want to send them or choose to home school. I know that we can't keep our kids sheltered & that they really do need to have the social skills, but is this how you really get them? I remember back in the days, when I was in high school & I would watch 90210, I loved it! They would hang out at the Peach Pit, we at our school would hang at The Pie Dump ( I know). But, we really would! Sure there were things that went on, drinking and hooking up with boys. But not like this! I know that it's TV & that they glorify everything, but come on when the kids are driving Porche's & BMW's. All of them texting as fast as they can, shopping with their "Own" credit cards, that they're parents give them & they can get whatever their little hearts desire. Sex, drinking, lying! Seriously! I'm sure that it's not that bad here, with kids driving the newest BMW to school & the whole shopping bit. But, I'm sure that a lot of the crap is going on to. As a parent it really makes me scared, to even expose my children to this. But, they are going to be getting from the world, school, & of course TV. I feel like I'm sounding so old fashioned, but I honestly could not believe the scene within the first 10 minutes! I was SICK! I won't go into detail, but holy crap! So Wrong! This is scary to me & I hope that I can teach my kids right from wrong & at a very early age! They need to know, early, what to expect! I feel like this is so unfair to them, they need to be young & innocent for as long as they can. But, really how can they!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel your pain melissa! It is scary how the world portrays what is acceptable forms of behavior and what is not. I missed the show...sorry to say. I am glad you found our blog, I am going to add you....how did you find me anyways....I don't know how to find anyone!
This has been a constant struggle for me also as we have been trying to decide which road to take in educating our children. I know that things are 1000 times worse than it was when we were in school. I guess what brings me peace is that this next generation will have the strength to overcome the evil if we teach them the best we can. And as long as we are centered on Christ and we pray for our children daily, then they will have that strength. Teaching our children to pray always and seek guidance from the Lord is imperative. "It's hard to stumble on your knees!"
Post a Comment