OK, so I need to take a minute & rant. I just have to voice my opinion, & I'm only going to do this once, so just bear with me, because if I don't get this off my chest, then I'm really going to go crazy!!! Here goes :
So, as some of you know, my husband, is a democrat and I am Not! We do not share the same political views. He is a good man! He is more than great husband! He is very respectful of me! Just because he is democrat, does not make him a bad person in our church. Believe it or not, you can be a good member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, hold a temple recommend & be a democrat. I am sick & tired of hearing naive people say, "Well, you can't believe that way & still go to the temple." Just because Clayn is "one of those" does not mean that he is for abortion. He just believes that if you want to take away abortion, then you need to open up more rights for the unwanted pregnancies. I know, I know, there should be no unwanted pregnancies, but believe it or not there are. So, what are you going to do to help that young girl with no insurance to be able to go through the pregnancy & to pay for it. How are you going to help more with adoption, & get that baby into a home where they will be loved & cherished for who they truly are a child of God! There have been many good & worthy members of the church who are democrat. Take for example Pres. James E. Faust, he served as a member & later as a Chairman of the Utah Democratic Party & he even served on John F. Kennedy's Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights & Racial Unrest. (Oh, I know how could this be true, he was in the first Presidency until he died. Don't believe me, go Google it & you will find him many more).
I'm sick of naive people, who can't get a grip on life outside of a Republican. You know we're not all perfect ourselves. Look at the world right now, it takes both sides & I would say that we are in a huge mess! And we have had a Republican President (which at this time I'm not too happy with, but, I"ll save that for a different day). I just think that we need to be open to both sides, I know that being married to Clayn has really opened my eyes, & I would say that I know just about much political info, as any of the rest of you, if not a little more. I watch more news, political shows, & listen to NPR, probably more than most of you. All we can really do is pray for our leaders, that who ever is in there after we vote & the election is over, that they will be able to make the best possible decisions for our country as a whole & that our children will be able to live in a safe & sound world.
OK, so I'm done! Please let's not be so quick to judge!!!
So, as some of you know, my husband, is a democrat and I am Not! We do not share the same political views. He is a good man! He is more than great husband! He is very respectful of me! Just because he is democrat, does not make him a bad person in our church. Believe it or not, you can be a good member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, hold a temple recommend & be a democrat. I am sick & tired of hearing naive people say, "Well, you can't believe that way & still go to the temple." Just because Clayn is "one of those" does not mean that he is for abortion. He just believes that if you want to take away abortion, then you need to open up more rights for the unwanted pregnancies. I know, I know, there should be no unwanted pregnancies, but believe it or not there are. So, what are you going to do to help that young girl with no insurance to be able to go through the pregnancy & to pay for it. How are you going to help more with adoption, & get that baby into a home where they will be loved & cherished for who they truly are a child of God! There have been many good & worthy members of the church who are democrat. Take for example Pres. James E. Faust, he served as a member & later as a Chairman of the Utah Democratic Party & he even served on John F. Kennedy's Lawyer's Committee for Civil Rights & Racial Unrest. (Oh, I know how could this be true, he was in the first Presidency until he died. Don't believe me, go Google it & you will find him many more).
I'm sick of naive people, who can't get a grip on life outside of a Republican. You know we're not all perfect ourselves. Look at the world right now, it takes both sides & I would say that we are in a huge mess! And we have had a Republican President (which at this time I'm not too happy with, but, I"ll save that for a different day). I just think that we need to be open to both sides, I know that being married to Clayn has really opened my eyes, & I would say that I know just about much political info, as any of the rest of you, if not a little more. I watch more news, political shows, & listen to NPR, probably more than most of you. All we can really do is pray for our leaders, that who ever is in there after we vote & the election is over, that they will be able to make the best possible decisions for our country as a whole & that our children will be able to live in a safe & sound world.
OK, so I'm done! Please let's not be so quick to judge!!!
3 comments:
Amen Sister! My parents are HUGE democrats and BELIEVE me I have grown up hearing plenty of the whole--you can't be Mormon if you are a democrat. I would say I am more of an independent, but regardless--the bottom line is that we really need GOOD PEOPLE on both sides of the isle or this country will REALLY go to hell in a hand basket! Okay--I could write my own rant, but I just wanted to let you know--I get exactly what you are saying!
oh you so married so below yourself...hahaha! Of course I'm joking. Someone's political veiw does not define them, and anyone who thinks that, is, well, ignorant! So you go girl. Stand up for your MAN!
This presidential election has to go beyond republican OR democrat! It has to be who we believe will be more capable of changing our present situation, don't you think?
That's why right now, I'm so torn!
My favorite post of the day! That you for defending those of us who take flack for what we believe. The Steady One and I, him for his profession and I for my political feeling, have had much fallout for expressing opinions different from others. Love ya!
Post a Comment