Thursday, August 28, 2008

My Night At The ER . . .

So, after a day of total HELL! And yes, I mean complete HELL! I think that I'm going to live. Yesterday was the worst day that I've had since the accident. I hurt so bad! There was not a spot on my head of neck or shoulders that did not hurt. Clayn toke me to the chiropractor, and he just had a fit, over how bad I was. He said that I had so much heat coming out of my head, that as he was trying to relax the muscles with his hands, the heat was burning his fingers. Hot Head! I know, I know! So, I got home last night & just cried and cried. There was nothing that I could do or take that relieved any of the pain. So, I called & talked to my mom & she told me that I had to have Clayn call someone & I needed a blessing. So, we called our home teacher, Justin ( He's Awesome) they gave me a blessing & he is in the pharmacy program here at ISU. He said that we just needed to go straight into the ER & get some pain meds. So, at 9:30 last night, Clayn and I went to the ER, & Justin stayed here with our kids (they were in bed). I told you he was awesome. We were there until 12:00 (midnight). They did a CAT scan on my head & neck. I have a closed head injury concussion, with some acute cervical strain & concussion headaches. So, my head is messed up. They gave me some vicaden & some other muscle relaxant, & lets just say that I took those about 12:30 & within 15 minutes, my arms went limp immediately, and then my whole body did, so weird! I don't think, I liked it very good. They told me that it would stay in my system for about 12 hours, & about 10:00 am I thought that I would unload the dishwasher & that did not happen, I couldn't keep very good control of my plates. I went to the chiropractor at noon today & they said that I was probably over medicated, so I think that I will cut them in half, so I'm not quite so loopy! Although, I did sleep great last night. So, today I'm feeling ALOT better, the muscles are relaxed and the pain is very low, YEAH! I do have to go & see the chiropractor again tomorrow, and if I'm doing better then I won't have to see him until Tuesday, other wise, I will have to see him on Saturday & maybe Sunday. I'm on the mend! Each day should slowly be getting better. I have so much sympathy for any body who has been in a bad accident with head injuries, or any other. It really does stink!

0 comments: