WOW!! What a day it has been!!! That's a understatement. I swear some days couldn't get any more crazy! All I need to say is PARKER, Oh, if only I had his energy & determination, I could get so much done! Where do I start, last night, (yeah I have to go back that far) I was cooking dinner & doing laundry, Clayn was down stairs tutoring online & Tess was watching a cartoon. Parker on the other hand was not, he was out back, we have a fence & lock so he can't get out & I was thinking that he was safe out there just playing alone. He is too smart for his own good! I look outside & our neighbors in the house behind us, the lady that lived in the basement moved out about 6 weeks ago & she left one of those little toy cars that are red & yellow that they can get in. Well, every time we go out of the fence on the side Park freaks out over this car, he wants to get in it. So, I look outside & he has the car in our back yard & the lock is still on the fence. I asked him how he got it. He stood on top of a cooler in the garage & pushed the button & opened the garage door, went out got the car came back through the garage pushed the button, closed the door & was driving his car in the back yard. What a kid! The lady that lives up stairs said that she's not coming back for it & that Parker can keep it & play with it. Talk about DETERMINATION!!!
This morning, I was up doing my yoga video & I feeling so good & calm, just a awesome quiet morning. Not for long. A little before 7, he comes running out of his room, & comes & jumps on my back while in the cat pose, so much for a quiet morning. Then I"m in the tub getting ready, & Tess comes screaming in the bathroom, "Parker has strawberries & is getting them all over my new couches, (now they know that they do no eat on them). So, I hurry & jump out & sure enough there is red on my couch. I really thought that I was going to go crazy, I yelled at him & then I feel so bad afterwards. I then sat then down & we went over the rules for the couches, we don't climb on them, jump on them or walk on them. Tess then, has to tell us of all the places that we can walk on the floor, sidewalk, road only when cars aren't there. Thank you, Tess for clarifying for me. Then I proceed to tell Park that these are my new couches & with his big brown eyes looks up at me & says,"They're yours couches, not mine?" Just like that, so cute! He then comes over & gives me a hug & says "Sorry Mom!" All of a sudden I feel like such a JERK for yelling at them for eating on "MY COUCHES." They're just couches, my kids should be much more important than things, and they are!!! I don't know why I make such a big deal over the furniture, but I do & I really need to chill out over them.
I read a really good quote the other day & I don't even know who said it, "While we teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." I love that! Life is not about things! My dad sent me an awesome e-mail the other day about a guy who was on Opera & he's dying of cancer, he was a professor & Opera had him on her show to give his last lecture on her show. It's also on you tube. It was incredible. He is a young dad with 3 very little boys & the Dr's have only given him months to live, & he points out that the "THINGS" in life are not important. But, it's the people who we buy these things for that are truly important!
I have felt bad all day for yelling at my kids, & even though I apologized to them, at least 3 times. They don't even remember it know, but I do!!! I need to be a better mom & not get so up set over little things. Although, it's easier said than done. I'm just so thankful for 2 precious little children who do love & forgive me for my mistakes, Thank goodness! I'm just so thankful that I have yet another chance tomorrow to try to be a better mom & try not to react to the messes. I'm thankful for the knowledge that I have of forgiveness. Because today, especially I feel like I need it! I'm so blessed with a good & understanding & loving husband, Clayn, who is very patient with me! I'm so thankful for him, he is so good! He helps me put life into perceptive! Thanks, Hon for all you do for us! Thank you Tess & Park for teaching me about true unconditional love!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Lesson's from my Children
Blog Ya Later Melissa at 6:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Melissa I don't know how many times I have gone to bed thinking I hope I can be a better mom tomorrow. Somehow my kids forget about the mistakes I make and I am so glad that there are so forgiving. I wish I could be as forgiving as they are. It made me chuckle reading your post about Parker - you will have to log onto my blog and read my day with Zain. I feel your pain!
Post a Comment