I enjoyed General Conference so much!!! At first, I wasn't quite sure about how it was going to be with out our dear Pres. Hinckley. I don't remember a time that I have watched conference where he has not been there. But, the amazing thing about this church is how smooth & natural the transition is from one prophet to the next. When you look at the other churches and see how rough & difficult the change is from one leader to theother, and then you see how ours works. There's no doubt in my head or heart that we belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As our children learn so young in primary. Do we know how truly blessed we are? I don't know as if we do, as if I do. I hope that I'm learning.
All of the talks, were so amazing. I could truly see the mantle placed upon Pres. Monson as he got up to speak. I love him & I support him &pray for him & I will follow him. That is my commitment to him. I think the talk that I needed the most was from M. Russel Ballard on mothers. I have felt like I'm the captain of a sinking ship lately with my kids. All they do is fight & argue, cry & scream. Therefore, it feels, as though I do all day long is scream back at them. So, this was a much needed talk & I am already very anxious to get the Ensign & really study this and the other talk s that were given. I always feel like this is my spiritual feast! And I find myself always looking forward to the next 6 months, til we get to hear from the Lord's chosen to teach us, what he wants us to hear.
I teach the CTR A's in primary, and I love these little kids. They are so sweet & pure & innocent. In fact, I teach Tess and I have 6 girls and 2 boys. So, I have 8, 4 year olds. Let's just say that we don't get a lot of the lessons in. But, where I'm going with this, is they are learning a new song in Primary, If the Savior Stood Beside Me. And to hear these sweet little children sing this song, while it has only been 4 short years ago that they were with our Savior. As they sing the words:
If the Savior stood beside me,
would I do the things I do?
Would I think of His commandments,
and try harder to be true?
Would I follow His example?
Would I live more righteously
if I could see the Savior standing nigh,
watching over me?
I love this little song, and it makes me cry to hear these sweet little ones singing these beautiful words. I'm so thankful, that I have this only true gospel in my life. I know that I don't study as much as I should, but I do know that every time I open the scriptures, that there really is a power in them that makes me want to try to be & do better.
I'm so blessed to belong to this true church & have these wonderful men leading & guiding me & my family home to the open arms of my Father in Heaven.
Monday, April 7, 2008
General Conference
Blog Ya Later Melissa at 11:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment