Anyone that really knows me, knows that I love to bake and cook. I find a lot of joy from being in the kitchen. I remember the very first time that I tried cooking. My parents were gone & we had a babysitter & I talked her into letting me have one of my friends over & we baked a cake. I was probably 8 years old at the time. Well, we forgot to put flour in the cake, & let just say that we had it in the oven for a very long time, well over an hour. We could not figure out why it was so runny. Well, maybe that's what got me wanting to experiment in the kitchen. And luckily, I can say that I have gotten a whole lot better. In fact, my only real year at college, I decided to take cooking classes & I thought that I had wanted to go into Culinary Arts. But, for many different reasons that didn't happen. So here I am today, a wife & mom & I like to think of myself as a Chef & a Baker. My great grandma Mattie, was an amazing cook & baker. She especially loved the SWEETS!!! In fact, me & my mom always blame Mattie for our sweet tooth! And believe you me, we really have one. I like to believe, that I inherited that. Anyway, I'll get to my point, I'm going to post one of my favorite recipes each week. Last week I made a Chicken Pot Pie, even my kids love. It's super easy too!!
Here's the recipe :
Tarragon Chicken Pot Pie
3 Tbsp plus 1 tsp butter
3 Tbsp flour
1 can chicken broth
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1 pie crust
1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup evaporated milk
chopped carrots
1 1/2 cups cooked chicken
In a pan melt 2 Tbsp butter, add flour, whisk. Whisk in broth, 2 Tbsp at a time. Add tarragon and salt. Increase heat to medium high. Cook 5-7 minutes. Continue to whisk, add milk, cook 5-7 minutes. Melt 1 tsp butter, cook onion and carrots in a skillet for about 15 minutes. Stir in peas. In a 9x9 pan add shredded chicken, veggies & sauce, mix well. Cover with a pie crust on top & make slits in it, for the steam to escape. I also spray the top with some butter flavored Pam cooking spray. Bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes. Cool for 20 minutes.
I really like this recipe because it is just one crust & it is very easy. I usually just buy a pie crust & use that on top. After, I had Parker, one of my friends made this & brought it over for dinner. We loved it! So, I had to get the recipe. It's definitely a Fav!
Try it, you'll love it!
Monday, March 31, 2008
One of my Favorite Recipes
Blog Ya Later Clayn at 11:27 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment