Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

Happy 2008!!!

Well, the new year is in full swing around our house. Clayn is back to school for the first time today in a month. It has been nice to have him home, we've been able to do a lot of fun things & projects. I don't know as if he would think that the projects were fun, & really neither did I at the time, however, now I like it. We painted the bathroom. I have wanted it done since we moved in 1 1/2 years ago. Now, it's just about done & I love it. We painted it a green its called summer fields & a taupe color, it's so NEAT!! I love it. I know a lot of you are thinking green & brown, but, it's awesome & really works, because I was able to find the right shower curtain. So that has been our Christmas project.

We had a great Christmas, we spent it at my parents. My mom & dad went to Disneyland for Christmas with my aunt Shelley & her husband. So, my mom asked if we would come & stay at the house to watch Paityn (my niece) Emilee's little girl while they were gone. So, we did & had a great time.

In Bear River, usually the Friday before Christmas they do a Christmas dance for the kids, & they get to ware their fancy clothes & they have a local little band come & play & then Santa comes. It's a lot of fun & the kids think its grand to twirl & spin with their cousins. Then on Saturday, my brothers & sister & all the kids went to eat at Maddox for lunch & then the girls all went & saw Babes in Toyland. It was so cute. Tess thought it was the greatest. That night we went to the Lights at Willard Bay, between Brigham City & Ogden, they lit up the whole area with lights & charge $7.00 a car. It was a lot of fun, in our mini van all of us were in the front seat. Parker was helping Clayn drive & I had Paityn & Tess on my lap. It's one that you drive through & they have different themes in each spot & Christmas music playing, so we had all the windows down & Parker was honking all the way through it. We figured that in the 30 minutes we were there, they had made just about $800.00. It was unreal!! Who knew the money maker that would be.

Christmas Day come & goes so fast, we plan & shop & get ready for it & then before we know it, it's over. I think that we could stretch it out a little, or at least make it go in slow motion.The kids were so excited opening up their presents. They ran & played & we tried to keep my mom's house in one piece. That was a job in & of itself. We took the kids & saw Enchanted. Which let me add is one of the cutest shows ever! I loved it! Clayn & I were able to escape & see National Treasure 2, very good.

Then on New Years Eve we had a family over with their kids & we had so much fun. All the kids were up til 12:30 & they thought they were so cool! Playing games & eating & blowing horns all night.
Now, I feel it's time to get the new year started off right, by re-organizing my house. I have been going through & throwing things out & getting rid of a bunch. How is it that we collect so much junk. Now, I just want to purge & get rid of a ton.

Life is good & I'm so thankful for my family & the time that I have to spend with them!
Happy New Year!

0 comments: