Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The Reason for the Season

Well, this is my first time blogging & I think that I'm going to like this. I should be upstairs baking, instead of down here writing but I need a break. I do baking for some of the other professors who Clayn works with. I had an order for 15 mini pumpkin bread loaves. I had just finished my last ones, when I found Parker with a half of one in his hand with chocolate chips on his face, he destroyed 2 of them. I hope that he enjoyed them, the little stink!!! So, now I've got to go & bake 2 more.

Anyway, I truly do love this time of the year. I was reading to Tess the other night the story of the Three Trees. Where each tree has huge dreams & want to become something a lot bigger than they are. They each end up becoming a part of Jesus's life. At the time, I thought that a lot of it was going above her head. When we were done reading, she looked up at me & said, "Mom, it's just all about Jesus, isn't it." There I was reading a book that I thought she would not really understand. And she totally ended up reminding & teaching me, that it doesn't really matter how many presents we open on Christmas morning or all of the rushing about. What we really should be doing is taking the time to really focus on the birth of our Savior & teaching our children (or having them teach us), what it's truly all about! It truly is all about Him!

So, I guess that my thought for the day is to truly take a step back, & to picture that stable in Judea where our precious dear Lord was born & the hope & peace & love that he has shown to all of us is Real!!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to All!

0 comments: