Sunday, July 10, 2011

4th of July

 Happy 4th of July!
We had a great 4th.  We started the morning with breakfast at the church, the scouts did a fund raiser.  then we went to one of the worst parades that I have ever been to.  Only in Pocatello would you have a a parade on the 4th & not have a color guard or a flag.  Not one flag.  I know, really!!!



Tess got her arm painted & Parker decided that he wanted his check painted.





Waiting for the parade to start.  We thought that it started at 10 & it did not until 11.  Awesome hour & a half wait for the WORST parade EVER!

And of course the weather turned awful, a twister came by, with rain, this would be the kids wrapped up on the 4th.  CrAzY!

No umbrella, oh, I'll use a Walmart bag.



Grumpy, Angry Tess!  She was mad that we weren't already in Lava.


Then, we spent the rest of the day in Lava.  The kids love it!  Tess & Molli were interviewing each other, they were very cute!

Em with Chris's new little puppy.  The kids were obsessed with this pup.


I of course had to fall down my Grandma's steps, & hurt my ankle and then after spraining it, I then walked down town with my Dad and the kids.  Not tot smart!  It really did hurt me.  But, it's not the 4th of July without a walk =down town to watch people fall off their tubes going down the river.  I know we're sick & twisted, but its always, a highlight of our day.



Oh, I love this little Noah!  What a doll!

 Parker with some sparklers.


 We had a competition on who could build the best firework.  And Paul, definitely won!  It was unreal!  He made a castle & had fireworks on the inside & then after they all went off, then, the door to the castle went down & a army tank drove out & went off.  Seriously, impressive!
 Me & Park watching the fireworks.


The end to a fun filled day!

1 comments:

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

Okay, I have multiple things I have to comment on here.
1- No flag in Pocatello for the 4th of July? Are you freakin' kiddin' me? And Idaho of all place! Shame on them.
2- Lava: magical! I love the tradition of family members creating their own fireworks. That is incredible. And watching the tubers fall off their rafts: hysterical! One of my cousins owns a tub rental in Lava so I'll have to tell her about the crazy Jones family tradition.
3- Last, I'm glad the little town of Lava brought you the most joy on the 4th. :)