Have you ever had a morning, that half way through, you think to yourself,"Why did I bother even getting up?" Yah, today was one of those days for me. We have been sleeping in until later in the mornings, because we have been staying up way too late at night. This morning was no exception, we slept until around 8:30 or so. I had to go visiting teaching at 11:00, I was going to make some no bake cookies, to take to our ladies. As I was thinking about all that I needed to get done before, I really got going, I went in the kitchen & got out a quart glass jar from the fridge with my raisin bran muffin batter & I thought that I would bake up some muffins, while I started on the cookies. As I was scooping the batter into the muffin tins, I got down further into the jar & along the side of the jar, the glass had been cut & I did not see it, but believe you me, I felt it. I yelled down at Clayn, and he came running up stairs & I had my hand under cold water in the sink with blood all over. It was pretty deep & long, right along my knuckle on my right hand. Clayn, made the cookies for me, while I ran over to Robin's for a butterfly bandage. I knew that she would have one.
She opened the door, with me in my pj's & a kitchen towel wrapped around my hand & she immediately started to work. She super glued my skin back together & bandaged me up. I came home & realized that I needed to some how get my hair washed, so Clayn came & washed my hair for me, & when I went to get my make up out of the drawer I hit my head on the corner of the cupboard & it knocked me for the loop for a minute. Seriously, then, as I went to close the bathroom door, I closed my thumb in the door jam, and I mean CLOSED! Also, my right hand. REALLY!!! I just need to go back to bed & not deal with today at all!
Luckily, visiting teaching was fun & a good get away, I love to be able to get out & visit. Then, as I came home & came through the front door. I came into a very cleaned up house. The kitchen had been cleaned, & the floors had been swept. We have been cleaning our couches with my mom's new dirt devil cleaner & Clayn had even cleaned the other couch while I had been gone. Seriously, what an AMAZING husband!!!
This afternoon,we decided to go swimming at ISU. We have been able to go & swim for free during their open swim time & we have been 3 times this week, for a couple of hours each time. The kids have had a lot of fun with it. They can wear their life jackets & jump into the deep end & they think that it's so cool. Today while we were there, Tess wanted a noodle & I told her that if she wanted one then she had to go & ask the life guard if she could use one. They have them there, and there's a sign on them that says for pool classes only, but they always let the kids use them. I have really wanted to teach Tess that when she wants to do something or use something that she must first ask permission. I think that this is very important seems that she is starting kindergarten next month. Anyways, so I told her that she needed to go & ask if she could please use one. I don't know what happened, but she all of a sudden got scared to death & very nervous about going & asking for one. At one point Parker even said that he would go with her & ask. I was just right there & she absolutely would not go. The life guard is such a nice guy, I have seen him there a bunch & Clayn has even had him in one of his classes, to us he is anything but scary. But, there was something with her tonight & she sat & cried & was so scared. Now, I know the difference, when she is just acting & when it's real & I could honestly see it in her eyes. She was scared to death to go & ask. I kept on asking her why & she would only answer with "Because" I told her that, because, was no real answer & that when she begins school that there are going to be times when she is going to have to ask someone that she does not know for something, and that this is good practice. Now, I know that Tess isn't a shy child, but she is very cautious, which can be a very good thing at times. I just kept on asking my self if this is because of something that I have done thus far as a parent. But I think that as she begins school & has more life experiences and lessons that she will come around & hopefully not be quite so nervous about ask the life guard for a noodle.
So, the day started off a little rough & the middle was good & then the end has just been a little confusing & frustrating. I think anytime you watch your child struggle, it's hard to see. At one point, I thought oh, this is crazy, I'll just go & ask him for this dumb noodle, but then I realized that it's more than just the noodle. She needs to come to terms on her own, about how she is going to be able to deal with situations that aren't always easy or when mom & dad aren't always there. Hopefully, as I watch & teach my children, I can guide them, & gently push them in the right direction & they will be able to communicate & ask for the things they want & need in their lives. I feel like this is a little bit like life. There are times that we are scared & nervous about the things that we need to do & some of the times, they may be things that we don't even want to, but that we know that we need to, and the Lord gently, pushes us along & encourages us to come & ask him for things, that we may be frightened with at first & then we come to realize that it wasn't so hard after all.
Friday, July 17, 2009
Just One Of Those Days
Blog Ya Later Melissa at 7:16 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
That sounds like quite a day! I hope you are well with all your "owies". See you on Friday!
Post a Comment