A little over 7 1/2 years ago, I moved up to Moscow, Idaho to live with my aunt. I had hit that point in my life, where I truly needed change, however, I did not think that change would come from moving up there. In September of 2001, my aunt Shelley moved up there, she was working at the U of I. Beginning in October, I received about a call every other week with her pleading her case as to why I needed to move to Moscow & live with her. I wasn't doing a lot with my life at the time, but moving to Moscow, I did not think was going to change things for me too much. Boy, was I WRONG! In December, I gave in & told her that I would move up & give it a shot. I moved up there the end of January, in the middle of winter. My Mom & Dad drove me up there. We hit a couple different snow storms, & they were bad!!! We got up in Moscow, Saturday night. My parents were going to spend the night & then get up & drive most of the way home on Sunday. I will never forget getting out of the car & having snow be up to waist. I honestly thought; "What in the Hell have I gotten myself into!!!" It was at that time that my dad informed me that no matter how bad I hated it, he was not coming back up to get me until Spring. Holy Crap, I had to of made the wrong choice.
On, Sunday, I was not going to go to church because I was too tired, but my uncles, sister lived up there & was going to school, she called & had me go to church with her. So, she picked me up & we went to church. As, I was walked into Sunday school, this guy was teaching & he would keep on looking at me & smiling. My friend Dee, introduced me to him, after wards, yes it was Clayn. The next week I was not there, but then the next was when Clayn saw me there again. So he immediately planned a pot luck at his place, right after church, so he could get to know me better. I told him that Dee & I would make it, & we never did. I was given a calling right after church & then after that was a fireside. Dee & I headed straight over to the fireside. Afterwards, Clayn came up & was questioning me, as to where I was. He then, said, "Well, the only way that you can make this up to me, is by going out with me on Saturday night." Oh, really!!! On Tuesday night he called & asked me out for Thursday night as well. Then they were having a Valentines Dance on Friday. So, this is how it went: we went out on Thursday,& again on Friday (a side note, he kissed me this night, Whoa, settle down there buddy), we went out to lunch on Saturday & then we went out Saturday night. Sunday he invited me to have Sunday dinner with his parents, & he held my hand in church, which did not make me very happy, because what if there, were other guys that I might want to go out with up there. Well, there was never even an opportunity for that. He went in for the kill. This was all the 2nd week in February. We got engaged the first weekend in April (General Conference weekend in Spokane, & I was sick! YUCK!) Then we got married July 27, 2002. Everything was a whirl wind! Let's just say that Clayn waisted no time what so ever, & looking back on it now, I'm very thankful that he didn't.
The last 7 years have not always been easy, but it truly has been worth it. I am so Thankful for the wonderful man that he is. For the wonderful husband & father that he is. I have been extremely blessed by having him as my husband & my best friend!
Thanks Clayn for all that you do for our family.
I love you more than words can say, & I'm looking forward to a great many more years down the road!
On, Sunday, I was not going to go to church because I was too tired, but my uncles, sister lived up there & was going to school, she called & had me go to church with her. So, she picked me up & we went to church. As, I was walked into Sunday school, this guy was teaching & he would keep on looking at me & smiling. My friend Dee, introduced me to him, after wards, yes it was Clayn. The next week I was not there, but then the next was when Clayn saw me there again. So he immediately planned a pot luck at his place, right after church, so he could get to know me better. I told him that Dee & I would make it, & we never did. I was given a calling right after church & then after that was a fireside. Dee & I headed straight over to the fireside. Afterwards, Clayn came up & was questioning me, as to where I was. He then, said, "Well, the only way that you can make this up to me, is by going out with me on Saturday night." Oh, really!!! On Tuesday night he called & asked me out for Thursday night as well. Then they were having a Valentines Dance on Friday. So, this is how it went: we went out on Thursday,& again on Friday (a side note, he kissed me this night, Whoa, settle down there buddy), we went out to lunch on Saturday & then we went out Saturday night. Sunday he invited me to have Sunday dinner with his parents, & he held my hand in church, which did not make me very happy, because what if there, were other guys that I might want to go out with up there. Well, there was never even an opportunity for that. He went in for the kill. This was all the 2nd week in February. We got engaged the first weekend in April (General Conference weekend in Spokane, & I was sick! YUCK!) Then we got married July 27, 2002. Everything was a whirl wind! Let's just say that Clayn waisted no time what so ever, & looking back on it now, I'm very thankful that he didn't.
The last 7 years have not always been easy, but it truly has been worth it. I am so Thankful for the wonderful man that he is. For the wonderful husband & father that he is. I have been extremely blessed by having him as my husband & my best friend!
Thanks Clayn for all that you do for our family.
I love you more than words can say, & I'm looking forward to a great many more years down the road!
4 comments:
It was a whirl wind romance. Like you say, It's all about timing!
Congratulations on your anniversary! I did not know until now that you and my sister were married on the same day & year, crazy.
Wishing you many more wonderful years.
I remember living at Carriage Cove and wondering when, who and how? And now look- it really did happen naturally for both of us! Did I tell you that Paula Gordon just got married a Christmas time? XOOJODY
Aw! I love stories like that. Happy anniversary.
Post a Comment