The other day, I made this yummy bread recipe, I have made it one other time & we really liked it. I found the recipe on line. My kids love homemade bread. I usually try to make bread once a week, but I haven't been so good this year. However, this is one of the things that i"m going to work on. It makes 5 loaves. So, here's the recipe, it's super easy.
Nauvoo Bread
5 cups hot water
1/2 cup potato flakes
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup oil or shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco sticks)
2 Tbsp yeast
1 1/2 Tbsp salt
10-14 cups flour
Combine hot water, shortening, potato flakes, powdered milk, sugar. Stir to dissolve shortening. When temperature is tepid, add yeast. Mix in 5 cups of flour and the salt. Stir to a smooth sponge. Add flour to make smooth and elastic dough. Let rise until double, about 45 minutes, punch down and let rise again. Shape into loaves, let rise in greased pans. Bake in 375 degree oven for about 35 minutes.
I usually do 1/2 white & 1/2 wheat bread.
1 comments:
Looks and sounds so yummy, can't wait to try it!
Post a Comment