So, tomorrow is my birthday & my parents came up today & took us to dinner, at Chile's & they brought me this darling apron. It is my Favorite! I don't have an apron & now I have a CUTE one to wear while I'm baking, so I can get it dirty! YES!!! Don't mind the picture, I'm not looking my best tonight, I'm really tired!
I have decided that aging doesn't have to be a necessary evil. It can be good & fun & rewarding! Yes, I say rewarding because, I am so THANKFUL that I am past all of the awkward stages of youth & through my early 20's. Even thankful to be out of my late 20's & early 30's. Now, don't get me wrong they were some great years, but, with age come security. Being secure enough in myself that I don't need to seek out approval from others . Although, I still think this is something that we continue to learn as we grow older.
I am finding more & more gray hairs, more lines & wrinkles around my eyes & mouth. I am acting & saying things that my mom would say & you know what I'm OKAY with it. Because, I have years behind me! Experience! How thankful I am for that! I am actually very excited about where I am in life. Clayn is doing amazing in his job & he is really liking the direction where his job is going & he may even go & get his PhD. YEAH! What an accomplishment for him! He could have it by the time he is 38 & by the time I'm 40. Tess is going to be going to kindergarten next year & then it will just be me & Park. I have a lot of life ahead of me & choices & decisions to make about my interests & what I want to do. And that to me right now is very exciting!
I read this quote by Jaimie Lee Curtis & I love it, "Aging is God's way of telling you, you don't have any time to waste." I really, really love that! Life goes on whether you're really living or not. Life is way to short, to not be who you truly are. I'm not perfect, but I'm trying & I'm thankful for the years that I've had, and the life experiences. What a blessing it is to be alive & to be healthy & to be HAPPY! So here's, to the next 35 years! So much, to look forward to & so many to LOVE. After all isn't that what life is truly about. Learning to Love the Life you Live!
0 comments:
Post a Comment