Thursday, September 11, 2008

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things . . . .






You know how the song goes, "Rain drops on roses & whiskers on kittens." We all know the good old classic, from The Sound of Music, which just happens to be one of my favorite shows. It was on a couple of weeks ago & Tess watched it & loved it, a girl after my own heart. Well, I would like to share with you a couple of My Favorite Things! Starting with Fall! Anyone who really knows me knows that I live for fall! I absolutely LOVE Everything about it! There's such an exciting newness in the air. Starting with the harvesting of all of the fresh produce, farmer's markets (However for some odd reason I'm not too excited about going back too soon this year for reasons of my own. Seems that my black eye has finally gone away & I still have a little bruising on my cheek), anyway, back to what I was saying. I love school clothes shopping, buying your first new jacket of the year & being able to actually wear it on a crisp cool day! Yeah! The first day of school, the thought of it, still just makes me giddy! I loved the first few weeks of school, to wear my new clothes, see my friends. Of course not, the homework or even the actual class themselves, I hope that Tess doesn't have my same attitudes about class! That first crisp day you can pull out your sweaters from under your bed & put them it on with some jeans & boots. Oh I Love It! The county fairs, so fun! Although we didn't make it this year, we all have had colds! YUCK! But, I guess that's all part of the seasons changing & getting colder, is sometimes catching a cold here & there. I know that I'm totally rambling! But, I honestly dream about a cool fall day with the sun so bright & not a cloud in the sky, going to a OUTDOOR Football Game, in the afternoon, with a decent team that you actually enjoy watching! No offense to ISU, Hello, The In-door Holt Arena, (NO FUN!) and Hello, could you win more than one game in a season to a real team, & not some wanna be college, I mean really! I remember, when I lived in Provo, say what you want about BYU, but they do have a pretty good team. A bunch of us from our ward, would go & get season tickets together & would go on the cool afternoons, and have our hot chocolate & watch a good game, and they had a pretty good chance that they would even win. What a Fun Saturday Afternoon!
I love driving up the canyon, where the orange, burgundy, and gold colored leaves are just breathe taking! Getting out & just taking in the beauty & the wonderful smell of fall! I love to have a Saturday, where, the kids are playing, Clayn is watching football, we've got a crock pot of warm soup on, with bread in the oven. Oh, I love this! And, I'm sure that you can tell by now, that I absolutely am in LOVE with the fall! "A Fresh Bouquet of Freshly Sharpened Pencils. . . " Oh, one of my favorite shows, You've Got Mail. Oh, so Good! These are a few of my favorite things, and I truly can't wait to go & buy my first new sweater of the season, and wear it on one of these wonderful, beautiful fall days!

5 comments:

Whitney said...

I completely remember living with you and LOVING the fall--and "You've Got Mail." It made me so happy to read this post this morning! Yeah for fall!

Mothership said...

A few mornings ago I walked outside and it was there--that smell. It can only mean one thing, Fall is Coming!

Coping without the boys? We've had a fun "girl party" at our house.

Michelle said...

Meeeelisssaaaa!
How are you doing? I can't believe you were in an accident! i miss you! I don't have a wal-mart or mall to roam around in.
Loves,
Michelle

Chelle said...

It never fails, Jonesy, you always get me so excited for the Fall! Don't get me wrong, I love Fall in the first place but you manage to get me almost insanely giddy over the season! Thanks and luv ya! and no, I don't make boobs and vagina's out of felt! I have better things to do like, well, take care of kids, and stuff!!

Chelle said...

Hehe, I totally know you were giving me a hard time but i was afraid you might've convinced some of my other friends and family members otherwise, so i really wanted to set the record straight! luv ya jones!