Sunday, September 28, 2008

AHHH, Sugar my sweet addiction . . .


Hello, my name is Melissa and I am a sugar addict, it has been 10 minutes since I have had sugar, craved sugar, needed sugar! (And the sad part about this is, is that you think that I'm joking, Oh no I'm totally NOT!)

I was just reading my friend's blog & she asked the question "What item would change your life if you had to do without it?" Totally, 100% SUGAR! I would like to start at the very beginning, with my Great Grandma, Mattie, she was the cutest lady, EVER! She loved to cook & bake & EVERYTHING had sugar in it, bread, pies, cakes, cookies, candy. I do not ever remember a time when I would go to her house, which was 1/2 block away from my house until I was 10, when Grandma did not have something absolutely delicious to eat! My Grandma Marilyn, is an amazing cook, I swear that she feeds all of Downey, whenever anybody is sick, had a baby or even stubbed their toe she is taking food into them & she also loves the sweets. My Mom, is a great cook & we joke all the time that Sugar is our main sustenance for life! This is a very true statement.

I will relate to you a camping trip that Clayn & I took the kids on, our first one ever as a family. We went shopping and I was buying some food for this trip (honestly, I am sitting here laughing while I am typing this), I bought of course graham crackers, marshmallows, & chocolate for smore's, then I bought Twinkies, wafer cookies, Capri suns, licorice, granola bars & pop tarts. I am totally not even joking. Because once we got up there Clayn started rattling everything that I brought off, and he said "Honestly, Meliss, do you have anything here with a little bit of salt?" And the answer was a big fat "NO!" He then told me that he has never seen anybody in his life that needed sugar like I do, and it's totally true! I hear of people who go without sugar for a certain amount of time & I think that I'm doing great if I can go a day, it's a miracle!

When we got married we went on our honeymoon to Disneyland, and we came home with some souvenirs, but I also came home with a pound of fudge that I carried with me in my purse. You think I'm joking & I'm once again totally not! I LOVE Fudge! It's my favorite, honestly what's better than smooth chocolate that is so rich you have to have a huge glass of milk to wash it down. There's also a reason why I love Christmas so much, I love to do my Christmas Baking! Yeah! Sugar Cookies, Thumb Print Cookies, Swedish Cookies, Fudge, Carmel's, Gingersnap Cookies dipped in white chocolate, dipped pretzels, I mean just think of a whole plate full of this yummy, sweet Sugar! I think that I have just gotten a cavity, from writing about it! Just call me Buddy the Elf! Maple Syrup on his spaghetti. I won't go that far! But then again, who knows, maybe one day.....

So, know I'm going to throw this very same question out to all of you to answer :
What item would change your life if you had to do without it?

1 comments:

Jody and Dave Lindsay said...

Would you like my pre-marriage or post-marriage answer?

Pre-marriage: fingernail clipper. I often wonder what I would have done with all my hangnails and chips coming across the plains? Amputation would have been inevitable from the infections!
Post-marriage: Take a wild guess? :)