Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My Quirks. . . . .

I'm sitting down in my basement listening to the dryer, finishing drying the blankets for Parker's bed & I"m so thankful to have a washer & dryer that work, and how crappy it was earlier last year when my washer went out & I had to wait 5 days for the repairman to come. 5 day's may not seem like that long, however, when I have Parker in my home, he changes clothes at least 3 times a day with how filthy he gets, no I really mean it, read my previous post, you'll understand!

I just read cute, Victoria's post about being quirky. And I've been thinking about me & the quirks, that I have & oh, there are so many. But, I will share just a few of them with you. Here goes, EGGS, yes you read right, Eggs. I really have a love/hate relationship with them and yes, I will go as far to blame my "quirky mom," for part of it. In our family growing up, we would always, always, always, crack the eggs in a separate bowl and with a fork, fish out the (gulp, gag), white slimy (I call it the sperm of the egg). You know what I mean the little white thing that is in the eggs. And actually there are 2 of them. I never knew why we took them out & I never really cared to know, it was just something that we did. And I have to admit that I still do it every time I use eggs, whether they be for scrambled eggs, omelette's, cakes, cookie, whatever! I just do it! In fact ,it grosses me out, thinking about making something & not taking it out. My grandma does it, my mom, does it & so does my aunt. It's our "thing." And another issue, that I have with eggs is that I actually don't really like them all that much, I can eat scrambled eggs, thinned down with milk, lots of dill, salt, pepper, & lots of cheese. And I can eat, boiled eggs, with a good chunk of butter & salt & pepper. So, then really why am I even trying to eat them, if I have to disguise them with other things. Clayn loves fried eggs, so I made him & the kids some yesterday & I thought that I would try one, (I haven't had one since I was probably about 8 years old at my grandma's, My mom really hates eggs & will not eat them, even quiche, which I actually like), I hated every bite of that fried egg, I had one with a soft yolk & one with a hard yolk, and with every bit I couldn't help but think that I was eating a little yellow chick, (Huge Gulp, Gag!!). So, it's out there one of my quirks, is Eggs!

1 comments:

The Wright Family said...

Okay Melissa, let's talk. You do know what eggs really are don't you? I REFUSE to eat them. Also, love the new blog it looks great!