Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

All in all, I had a pretty good Mother's Day! Clayn was so Awesome! He and the kids gave me 3 different lotions, a bubble bath & a shower gel from Bath and Body, so yummy! And he gave me Stephenie Meyer's new book, The Host (which I am very excited to read!). He got up & made pancakes and bacon for breakfast, and he made our lunch too, which was so good! He's so Amazing! And he did all this while he wasn't feeling very good! He stayed home from church with Park, and Tess & I went. Libby had to speak in sacrament, so we helped with the babies, we held Gracie. In the middle of sacrament meeting Tess leaned over & said that she wasn't feeling very well. She had said in the morning that she wasn't feeling very good, but that she still had wanted to go to church, so I got her ready & we went & sure enough her little cheeks were red & she was hot! So Todd (Libby's husband) took her home for me. When I got home from church Tess had just thrown up. She is so sick, she three up at least 5 times, yesterday & once this morning. She just laid on the couch all day, so sick! Parker on the other hand, made Mother's Day interesting in a whole different way. He took my liquid dish soap, (a large one, barely opened) and poured it all over the kitchen floor, so he could ice skate, we've mopped it & it's still so slick, this is just a couple of weeks after he poured maple syrup all over his bedroom carpet, Yeah, that was a real mess! Oh, and yes it does get better, The Sander's (some of our good friends) stopped by to visit. The kids were playing, Tess was laying on the couch watch Nancy Drew, Justin & Emily, and Clayn & I were sitting in the sun room talking, when their little Camilla, comes to tell us that Parker is doing something bad, we came down stairs and sure enough he had climbed up & gotten my Tide with color safe bleach, about 1/3 of the large container left & pured it all over the carpet down here. Ocean Blue on my neutral carpet. Clayn tried to scrub it out, it's such a mess. Luckily Justin just got a part time job for the summer at Don Aslet's Cleaning place here in town, so we need to figure out what needs to be done.
Seriously, my sick Tess & my mischievous Park (that was the only word, that wasn't swearing, that I could think of). Honestly this kid is going to kill me & he's not even 3 yet.

Somewhere in the middle of thrown up & lots, & lots of different kinds of soap, I truly am Thankful to be their mother. (I think) Or should I say most days! I know that we need each other for completely different reasons. I know that in my heart I truly do love each one of them! And I'm so thankful for Clayn and the good man that he is, and for the way that he makes each holiday special for me!

0 comments: