Friday, April 11, 2008

Reflections of Christ

Clayn has been on me for a couple of days to write about a web site. It's called Reflections of Christ and how it has impacted my life. I just needed to take a few days & let my thoughts & feelings actually come to words. The first time that I saw this, there were no words for me, all I had were my feelings & emotions. Now, I feel like I can really say how this has effected my life, because it really has effected me. I'm guessing that this is just a bit of how an investigator of the church would feel. I served a mission & I have been able to share this glorious gospel with the lives of many wonderful people, who I learned a great deal from. Even though we were the missionaries, & we were the teachers, supposedly, I believe that I was taught just as much, if not more than they were. I guess that's the power that The gospel of Jesus Christ has on us, those who choose to accept Him into our lives & come unto him, by making the necessary changes we need, to help make us worthy, to be in his presence, and I'm not sure as if we'll ever feel worthy. I know I won't. But, I feel like it's more of the desire to want to be with him. I have truly felt his spirit more in my life these past few days, as I have watched this beautiful video about his life. I have watched it at least once a day for 3 days now. I'm sure that I will for a while, because I love the way I feel as I'm watching it & even after. I feel like I want to be a better woman, wife & mother. I want to teach my children all that they need to know about our Savior, so they can truly love & want to feel have His spirit with them often.

I was deeply touched by the picture with the blind man and Christ healing him. I know that for the most part, I do OK with my eyes, yes I struggle and I will while I am here on earth. But, the best part is, this earth life is so short compared to eternity. Whatever I miss out seeing here, I know that it will all be compensated for in the life to come. I know that I haven't had the faith in my Savior like I need to. I'm so blessed to have an amazing husband, who does more than is even asked of him. He helps me with everything. Heavenly Father was truly preparing him for me. His plan is much greater than ours, it just took us a little longer to find each other. But the important part is, that we did!!! I know that my Savior is the only one who can truly heal me & even right now help me, he knows how hard this is for me. So, why not turn to him the healer of us all.

I also, love the picture with Peter and Jesus sitting by the ocean. I can just imagine being able to be there & sitting & being taught by our Lord of Lords. How beautiful!!! It truly is amazing!

I would like to extend an invitation to anyone, whether you belong to this precious church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, or not. It doesn't matter, we are all brothers & sisters. Please watch this video with an open heart. If you will do this, I will promise you that you will feel of the love, that our Savior Jesus Christ has for you. I know that he lives & he is there waiting for each of us to make the first move. Go to him! He is waiting & he love us!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey jonesy,
where can I find this video?
Chelle