Monday, April 14, 2008

A Fun Saturday.....






We were trying to decide on what to do with the kids on Saturday, we really wanted to be outside, it was a beautiful day. Clayn suggested that we go to American Falls to a Fish Hatchery. At first I thought, "Oh that should be A LOT of Fun, NOT!!!" But, I went along with him, thinking if it's not fun, then I can always throw the blame back on him. We got ready & went to this new pizza place in town, Craigo's, which is very good. The kids loved it, and they even got ice cream. Yeah, they thought that was pretty cool! Then we drove to American Falls, we had no idea where we were going, but luckily there were some signs to lead us there.

We got there & they also had a nature hike, and they had bird feeders and it showed the different kinds of birds & owls that were around it that area, it was so pretty & the weather was perfect. Tess & Parker loved it, they could just run, all they wanted. Things were going great until Parker decided to go down a different path & came very, very close to running & falling down in to the Snake River, Yeah a bit scary. Clayn took him down there & showed them the river & birds that were floating in it.

After our little nature hike, then, we went to see the fish. I will give Clayn all the credit, it was a very good idea & the kids had a great time. I had a better time than I thought I would. It was pretty cool. They grow over 200,000 fish there & then they disperse them out among the local lakes & rivers for fishing season. Which now they want to go fishing. The part that the kids loved the most was feeding the big fish in the pond, the fish would jump up & fight for the food, and there was so many big ones. And, of course we had a Parker moment, most kids, would enjoy throwing the food in the pond, but No, Park wanted to get started for his iron man competition and throw a log into the pond. Yeah a log. He did it so quick they we didn't even get a chance to get it away from him. But, we did catch him in time for the 2nd log. What a kid! Over all I would say that the Fish Hatchery was a success .

0 comments: